- This past friday & saturday was the 2012 NHL Entry Draft and I don’t think anyone was surprised to see Nail Yakupov get drafted 1st over all by the Edmonton Oilers.
- All I can think of is how stacked the Oilers are after picking Yakupov. Imagine a line with; Ryan Nugent-Hopkins/Taylor Hall/Nail Yakupov? Crazy.
- On the flip side, if the Oilers can’t win a Cup anytime soon with players like that, they have bigger issues that will require a bigger solution than simply drafting first every year.
- Montreal drafted third overall and did not disappoint with their first pick.
- They drafted Alex Galchenyuk and in doing so got some size upfront that the Habs have need for years.
- At 6’2″ 205 lbs, I can only hope that he is ready to play by next year.
- I’m aware of his knee injury last year but he has apparently fully recovered from it, with his young age, the injury doesn’t worry me.
- I knew that Malcolm Subban would be among the first goalies to be drafted, I just didn’t think he would get drafted in the first round.
- I can’t believe he was drafted by the Boston Bruins. Damn those Bruins, they sure know how to troll Montreal.
- Two Subbans playing against each other, division rivals. It will be fun to watch, and boy would I love to be a fly on the wall at christmas dinner in the Subban household.
- What the hell does Gainey have against Mike Ribeiro? First Gainey trades him from Montreal to Dallas; which in my opinion is one of, if not the worse trade Gainey ever did while in Montreal. Then Gainey heads over to Dallas as a consultant and BOOM, they trade Ribeiro. Poor guy.
- On the Penguins-Huricanes trade; it’s huge, it’s a blockbuster trade. Holy shit what a big trade. It is going to be awesome seeing two Staals on the same team. Huge!
- The Maple Leafs used their first round pick to draft Morgan Reilly, but it wont make a difference, they will still suck. They will always suck, because it’s the Leafs.
Posted from WordPress for BlackBerry.